Our resources offer comprehensive information and advice about development and education for people with Down syndrome. They include books, ebooks, films, teaching resources, apps and web sites.
See and Learn teaching materials and apps
See and Learn is a range of early teaching activities promoting speech, language and reading, number and memory development (coming soon), complete with step-by-step guidance, record keeping checklists and teaching materials.
A Reading and Language Intervention for Children with Down Syndrome (RLI)
RLI is an evidence-based teaching programme designed for children with Down syndrome aged 5 to 11 years. RLI was evaluated in a randomised controlled trial and found to improve average rates of progress compared to ordinary teaching.
Down Syndrome Issues and Information
Our Down Syndrome Issues and Information books offer comprehensive information about development, education and adult living for people with Down syndrome.
Most are now out of print, but are available as PDF ebooks from our online stores.
We are working on new editions and expect to publish these as books and ebooks in early 2017.
Our films offer practical guidance to support effective early intervention and education for children with Down syndrome. They include Activities for babies with Down syndrome, Speech and language activities for preschool children with Down syndrome and Inclusion in practice - Educating children with Down syndrome at primary schools.
Our films are available to rent or buy online:
- Rent or buy Activities for Babies with Down Syndrome online...
- Rent or buy Speech and Language Activities for Preschool Children with Down Syndrome online...
- Rent or buy Inclusion in Practice - Educating Children with Down Syndrome at Primary Schools online...
How to buy
Books, ebooks and teaching materials
DSE's books and teaching materials are available from from our online stores:
Our new See and Learn apps are available from these app stores:
- See and Learn apps for iPads are available from the Apple App Store
- See and Learn apps for Android tablets are available from Google Play (more are coming soon)
- See and Learn apps for Windows 8.1 devices are available from the Windows Store (more are coming soon, with Windows 10 editions)
- See and Learn apps for Kindle Fire tablets are available from Amazon (more coming soon)